Sunday 9 May 2010

Melissa & Doug Upper & Lower Case Alphabet Reviews

Melissa & Doug Upper & Lower Case Alphabet Reviews
Other products by Melissa and Doug Ratting 4.5 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 39 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

Wooden activity set features 52 alphabet pieces featuring both capital and lower case letters. Each piece fits inside its own form. The color coded picture for each letter is set within the form shape for easy recognition and cognitive skill development. Set is crafted with care and guaranteed non-toxic and child-safe. Board measures 11-1/2" x 18-1/4".

Technical Details

- Upper and Lower Case Letter Puzzle
- Learn your ABC's
- Pictures under pieces
- Recommended Age Range 4 Years and up
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Letters are not realistic" 2010-03-09
By J. Hoffman (Hsv, Alabama USA)
I was very excited to get my son this puzzle to help him learn both the lower and upper case letters of the alphabet. However, some of the lower case letters do not look as I think they should. I should have paid closer attention to the picture of the puzzle before ordering it, but now that we have it I see that the lower case "q" and "a" look almost identical; the lower case "b" and "d" do not have long enough stems; and the upper case "N" is too fat. Also, the dots above the lower case "i" and "j" are too hard to distinguish. I love how there are pictures under the pieces. I just wish the letters had been carved better.

Customer Buzz
"These letters rock!!" 2010-02-05
By M. Mendez (Chicago, IL USA)
I would give this one six stars if I could. My girl's 20 mo's, and in the 2 months we've been playing with this alphabet she's learned an amazing amount. Plus, she LOVES it. She only knows a few of the letters by their actual names, but when she picks up almost every letter here she can state the picture associated with it. So, 'I' isn't 'I,' but "ice cubes," and W is 'watch,' etc. She's never even seen a jellybean, but she screams "jellybean!" when she grabs the J. Awesome. It's a great challenge for her little fingers too - her dexterity has improved from initially just slapping the letters down in the approximate region of where they belonged, to lots of twisting and turning to slot each one and now, finally, she can place them correctly about half the time. I love that the letters that could be symmetric, like the Z, aren't, and that the u and n are the same color - it's more interesting this way! Yes, the pictures underneath the letters are unusual... and I'd much rather use this opportunity to teach her what a quail is than have her know only the ubiquitous 'Queen' as her Q-word. I only gave three stars for durability because the letters are not appropriate for chewing upon. They're quite substantial dry, but need to be kept out of little mouths. Just another reason to play with this one together at first.

Customer Buzz
"We are learning letters" 2010-02-01
By Mikayla's mom (California)
This is a great puzzle for learning the letters. I have three preschool age kids that all enjoy lifting the letters to look at the picture or my oldest can now place them in the correct spot. I purchased this one over some of the cheaper ones because these puzzle pieces are in the actual shape of the letter- something I think is important while learning the letters. Some of the others have the same whitespace shape all around. Also I like that both upper and lower case letters are next to each other to help with recognition... just somethings to keep in mind while your looking for alphabet puzzles.

Customer Buzz
"Warning - puzzle not same as in picture" 2010-01-03
By Barbara Perez (Chicago)
Warning to potential buyers: The puzzle that arrived is not the same product as shown in the picture on the Amazon website. I just returned mine. I believe the puzzle in the picture is an older version. Unfortunately, the quality seems to have been lowered since the version in the picture. In the one I got, the shape of both the big and little letter S were so bad they honestly did not look like an S. The cutout areas on the upper right and lower left part of the S were not deep enough, so the letter just looked like a big blob with wavy edges. Another clue that there was a change in the manufacturing process is that the warning at the bottom of the puzzle is shown in the lower left corner in the picture, but was on the lower right corner in the puzzle I got. I liked the idea of an alphabet puzzle with both big and little letters, but I want one where all the letters are recognizable so my children will learn the correct shape of the letters. This is not it. Before returning this puzzle, I considered giving it away as a gift to someone instead, but honestly, I'd be embarrassed to give such a low quality item to someone I knew.

Customer Buzz
"ply wood puzzle" 2009-12-11
By Ambe N. Gomez (Tennessee)
As soon as we opened the puzzle the wood cover,you know the part that has the printed words on it and covers the ply wood breaks off.That cover is pretty dangerous.I spent 30 min. with a kitchen knife chipping the remaining cover off I stabbed my self with the wooden cover due to it splentering. I do like the puzzle i wish they would have just painted the ply wood instead of trying to hide it with the cover. the letters have stickers. I found this out after my 8 month old put the z in her mouth. I wish the letters were painted also. My 2.5 year old likes the pictures under the letters. I am fearfull that he is going to get the pictures wet and that these stickers are going to fall off. over all good puzzle. I will eventually paint the ply wood my self and once the letter loose their stickers i will paint them also. a lower price would have made the extra work worth it. I dont like to complain and I defenitely dont enjoy paying for sticker covered ply wood. I hope you find this review helpful.


Images Product

Read more Melissa & Doug Upper & Lower Case Alphabet

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO