Tuesday 11 May 2010

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magic Set Reviews

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magic Set Reviews
Other products by Melissa and Doug Ratting 4.5 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 41 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

This Deluxe Magic Set provides hours of fun and professional tricks for the beginner. The set is made of solid wood, and the tricks are easy to perform. Includes the following tricks: Disappearing Ball, Vanishing Coin, Magic Coin Box, Cylinder Squeeze, Secret Silks, Vanishing Zone, Egyptian Prediction, Magic Number Prediction, Money Maker and the Great Escape.

Technical Details

- Amaze your friends
- Easy to learn
- Stores neatly in wooden box
- Recommended Age Range 8 Years and up
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Beautiful set" 2010-02-18
By R. Popper-Keizer
We have been shopping for a beginner magic set for my son for about six months now, and had trouble finding one that didn't look like a bunch of cheap plastic and paper tricks that wouldn't last a week in our house. Some kits claimed to have 50-100 tricks, but really they were the secrets to the tricks and no real props. We also weren't interested in paying $40 for a DVD and a few dimestore props.

At Christmastime, I gave up. There were some nice kits for older kids/adults, but for beginners it was dismal. Come February (birthday month) I looked again, and gave up. Luckily as I was leaving the last store I planned to visit (at closing time the night before his birthday), I saw the Melissa & Doug set off in a corner.

The box was beautiful! It reminds me of the old Victorian parlor magicians. And I can't say enough about how great it is to be able to buy wooden toys that are durable and will last. And all of the pieces are painted nicely with Egyptian themes and exotica, adding to the 'atmosphere' of the show. Bonus to the fact that my son had just been to the Tomb and was interested in Pharaoh's and hieroglyphs!

I think it's perfect. My 8 year old son loves it and was able to do all of the tricks right after I demonstrated them to him. He did them for the adults, and with the exception of two of the simpler tricks, they were quite impressed and they couldn't figure out how it was done. The two best tricks even caused some actual jaw-dropping! He was overjoyed to be able to see grown-ups astounded, and thought it was hilarious that they couldn't figure out how he did it!

I would suggest the company add a good strong clasp of some sort to hold the box closed when not in use, but that is all I would do to improve on it.

I also loved the format of the instructions, with the aged, burned parchment effect of the paper, and the fact that every trick/prop was illustrated on the bottom of the package so you knew exactly what you were getting, plus you could see most things the way it was packaged.

Another work of art from M&D.

Customer Buzz
"Great for novice magicians" 2010-02-12
By Heron (WINTER HAVEN, FL, US)
My son is really too young for the tricks, however it is quite charming to watch him learn the magic. It is good for his attention span, dexterity, and confidence. We have had a lot of fun with the Melissa & Doug magic set so far!

Customer Buzz
"He liked it!" 2010-02-03
By J. Marudas (St. Paul, MN.)
This magic kit was purchased for my 8-year old Grandson's birthday. Since has just about everything, including all of the electronic gadgets..it's pretty hard to find him a gift that would be different. He has a very good imagination so I thought it would be fun to give him a magic set. When I went on Amazon, this particular set was highly rated, so I went with that.

My Grandson thought it was really cool. Together we learned two tricks to present to his mom and dad when they came home from shopping. It was different and he really like it! The quality of the set was very good considering the price.

Customer Buzz
"Love it!" 2010-01-08
By K. Lutz
I bought this for my 5 year old son. He has a great aptitude for figuring things out and catches on really fast. I was still hesitant that this might be too advanced for him, but when he got it Christmas morning it didn't take him long to figure out the tricks. I am really pleased with this set. It is definitely a TOY set. If you are looking close enough you can see how the tricks work. My son doesn't mind and he has a lot of fun showing it off to all of his aunts and uncles. I would reccomend this product to parents purchasing this set for a child who just wants to have fun.

Customer Buzz
"Great magic set" 2010-01-04
By Z. Zraly (Vancouver, Canada)
My kids played for hours with this magic set. It is durable and most tricks can be performed by my 5 years old daughter. Some tricks are very impressive.


Images Product

Read more Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magic Set

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO